Strategic Management and Strategic Competitiveness, examine the industry in which the entity operates. Use any or all of the following resources to conduct research on Southwest Airlines:
· Company website.
· Public filings from the Securities and Exchange Commission EDGAR database.
· Strayer University’s online databases.
· The Nexis Uni database,
· Other miscellaneous sources. Note: the company’s annual report will often provide insights that other resources may not include.
Write a four- to six-page paper in which you do the following:
· Choose the two segments of the general environment that would rank highest in their influence on the corporation you chose. Assess how these segments affect Southwest Airlines and the industry in which it operates.
· Considering the five forces of competition, choose two forces of competition that you estimate are the most significant for Southwest Airlines. Evaluate how well the company has addressed these forces in the recent past.
· With the same two forces in mind, predict what the company might do to improve its ability to address these forces in the near future.
· Assess the external threats affecting this corporation and the opportunities available to the corporation. Give your opinions on how the corporation should deal with the most serious threat and the greatest opportunity. Justify your answer.
· Give your opinion on the corporation’s greatest strengths and most significant weaknesses. Choose the strategy or tactic the corporation should select to take maximum advantage of its strengths, and the strategy or tactic the corporation should select to fix its most significant weakness. Justify your choices.
· Determine the company’s resources, capabilities, and core competencies.
· Go to Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library to locate quality references. Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
· This course requires use of new Strayer Writing Standards (SWS). The format is different than other Strayer University courses. Please take a moment to review the SWS documentation for details.
· Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; references must follow SWS or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is as follows:
· Analyze the effects of the general environment, competition, threats, opportunities, strengths, and weaknesses relative to a corporation.
Select your paper details and see how much our professional writing services will cost.
Our custom human-written papers from top essay writers are always free from plagiarism.
Your data and payment info stay secured every time you get our help from an essay writer.
Your money is safe with us. If your plans change, you can get it sent back to your card.
Check out some essay pieces from our best essay writers before your place an order. They will help you better understand what our service can do for you.
We offer more than just hand-crafted papers customized for you. Here are more of our greatest perks.