Book Report: “Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In”
· In this essay you will write a book report on “Getting to Yes: Negotiating Agreement Without Giving In” that includes not only a summary of key points from the book but you will also apply the learnings from this course.
· This is an individual If you need help in writing your essay, it is HIGHLY recommended that you leverage the resources available at the FIU Center for Excellence in Writing to assist you with this paper as I place a lot of weight on grammar.
· In your introduction, summarize the book and describe key lessons you learned. Make sure it is a STRONG introduction with a “hook” to interest the reader (me) into wanting to read more. Don’t forget to mention the book name and the authors.
· Make sure your conclusion is also strong and summarizes what you took away from it and if you would recommend the book to orders (Note: It’s OK if you don’t want to recommend it so long as you argue your point).
· Include a cover page with name, date, email and your unique LinkedIn URL.
· 1,000 word maximum, single spaced, and 12 point Times New Roman font.
· Make sure to use MLA-style in-text citations and include a separate page with your “Works Cited” list also in MLA format. This extra page does not count towards your 1,000 word maximum. Feel free to use sources outside of the book, just make sure you cite them.
· Use direct quotes from the book making sure to cite your sources properly with in-text citations.
2) Topics to Cover:
· Explain in your own words what the problems are with positional bargaining. What are the reasons it doesn’t work? Provide an example from the book or the real-world of positional bargaining.
· Define and explain the four points of principled negotiation.
· Identify what the most powerful interests are according to the book.
· Explain in detail what BATNAs are and why it is so important to know what they are when at the negotiating table.
· Mention at least two of the common tricky tactics (as defined in the book) and what strategies may be used to overcome them.
· If given the opportunity to get significantly more than what you think is fair, should you take it?
· When SHOULD and when should someone NOT negotiate?
· Describe which parts of the book make sense to you and which ones you think might be flawed.
3) Common Mistakes.
· Do not use “you” or “your” in the book report. This makes assumptions of the reader and doesn’t belong here.
· No bullet points. Indent your paragraphs!
· Do not ask rhetorical questions in your paper.
· Do not use informal language. Exclamation marks, questions marks, etc should be eliminated altogether.
· Make sure to read your paper OUT LOUD before submitting it. I am a stickler for grammar and will deduct a significant amount of points if your paper is not well written.
· Don’t tell the reader what you are going to do in your paper, just do it. (I.e. “Lets talk about…”)
4) How to Submit
· In the business world, contracts, business plans, executive summaries and other documents are almost always transmitted in Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF). As such you will be required to submit all your assignments in this format. So, please include a PDF version of your work
· Absolutely NOT There is a 0-tolerance policy here. If it is found that any portion of your essay was copied from a source without a proper citation, you will receive an automatic 0 in the assignment and be reported.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more