Pirates video (Great Ships: The Pirate Ships) watch from start to 9:43
This video will cover both the famous privateer Sir Francis Drake, but also more traditional pirates (on a later assignment) such as Blackbeard.
1) According to the video, the word “pirate” is derived from a Greek work that means what?
2) What is the difference between a “privateer” and a “pirate?”
3) What was the name of Sir Francis Drake’s ship?
4) How many pounds of gold and silver did Drake capture from the Senora de la Conception?
Jamestown video assignment: length 23:26
You can skip to the 25 second mark to dodge the first commercial.
1) What was the original shape of the fort at Jamestown?
2) What part of Africa was Angela from?
3) The settlement location of Jamestown lacked a reliable source of what vital item?
4) After John Smith was injured and forced to return to England, what was the following very difficult time period at Jamestown called?
5) What eventually happened to the Powhatan Confederacy?
12:55 to 14:10 commercial
6) What desperate measures (besides cannibalism) did the early Jamestown residents resort to in order to stay alive?
7) Briefly summarize why Jamestown nearly failed.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more