1. a. The model of situational leadership on page 97 is defined by two basic constructs: supportive behaviors and directive behaviors. Using your author’s perspective, describe what these behaviors are and how they differ.
b. Why should the leader’s style not be fixed?
2. Using a situational approach, determine the development level of your observable group (D1, D2, D3, D4) at their most recent problem-solving discussion. State why you think the group is at that level. Describe what style you would use as that group’s leader in that particular issue. State what the issue/problem/ situation was and why you selected which style to use.
3. Using the Situational Model from your text, determine the style a leader would use in each situation below. Using the thought process of situational theory, justify how you determined that and why.
4. Do case study 5.1 on pages 105-107. Answer the questions on page 107.
5. Using the 5 Bases of Power (Text – Chapter 1, Table 1.1) and your most recent group of work colleagues, describe a member who represents an example of each of the 6 types of power. Explain what you observed.
6. Spend some time surfing the net. Please investigate10 distinct websites that describe Leadership Development programs. Of the 10, please include at least 3 college leadership programs not in Tennessee and 2 college programs in Tennessee. Of the other 5 find 2 that provide leadership training for remote employees and 3 that are leadership programs for specific companies for their employees. Attach a list of websites reviewed with a short analysis of each to this journal. State what you liked/disliked about each leadership program (This is not a critique of the design of the website).
7. Read the articles on Leading Remotely.
A. Best Practices for Managing Virtual Teams and Meetings
B. Four Rules for Effective Leadership When Working Remotely
C. Self-Leadership Skills Required for a Remote Team
D. Leading High Performance Teams
a. Rank which article was most helpful.
b. Summarize in 2-3 sentences for each article the best advice from each article.
c. How does situational theory relate to the recommendations in the four articles on leading remotely?
8. What leadership-related Ah-ha’s have you learned since your last journal?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more