View Table 2.1 in your textbook.
From the list, choose one Part 1 Offense and one Part 2 Offense. Make sure one is a property crime and one is a violent crime.
Look up the statutes for those two crimes in your state and, in 1000 words, discuss the following:
1. Discuss the severity of the violent crime and how it differs from property crime.
2. Discuss how punishment and sentencing standards for the two crimes are different. Are the differences justified? Explain.
Use four scholarly resources to support your explanations.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the LopesWrite Technical Support articles for assistance.
Reading Material for the week
1. Read Chapter 3 and review Chapter 4 of Introduction to Criminology: Why Do They Do It?
2. Watch “Shell Shocked: Growing Up in the Murder Capital of the U.S.A.” [Video file] In Films on Demand (2013).
3. Review “Public Order Offenses” from Bureau of Justice Statistics website.
4. Explore “Uniform Crime Reports” from the FBI: Violent Crime website.
5. Explore “Violent Crime” from the Bureau of Justice Statistics website.
6. Read “Property Crime” from the FBI website.
7. Review “Property Crime” from Bureau of Justice Statistics.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more