Discussion Question – CLO 4
– Business-process outsourcing (BPO) is a type of outsourcing that consists of contracting operations and responsibilities of a specific business process to a third-party service provider. Such outsourcing generally began with manufacturing firms outsourcing their supply chain but has grown into a much wider range of processes, including marketing, finance, sales, and accounting. According to a recent Forbes article, the revenue of the global outsourced services industry rose from $45 billion in 2000 to nearly $100 billion in 2012.
– An article in BusinessWeek suggested that BPO can save end-users anywhere from 15 to 85 percent. International BPO service providers are particularly attractive since offshore labor offers an additional 25 to 30 percent cost savings. Furthermore, approximately 25 percent of the cost savings results from BPO firms’ proprietary products. The remaining 10 to 30 percent in cost reduction accrues from consolidated operations.
– Suppose you are the manager of a U.S.-based company and must decide whether to outsource your human resources department.
1. Based on the above information and your study, please outline arguments supporting and opposing a decision to outsource this function of your business.
2. Please explain from a purely business standpoint, any issues that might arise from contracting with an international-based versus U.S.-based BPO service firm? (Chapter 6, page 199)
1. Define the words in your own words. Do not directly quote from the textbook.
2. Need to write at least 2 paragraphs
3. Need to include the information from the textbook as the reference.
4. Need to include at least 2 peer-reviewed articles as the reference.
5. Need to provide examples whenever applicable.
6. Please find the related PowerPoint and textbook in the attachment.
7. Please answer each of the following questions in detail and provide in-text citations in support of your argument. Include examples whenever applicable.
8. Please find the Course Learning Outcome list of this course in the attachment.
Baye, M. R., & Prince, J. T. (2017). Managerial economics and business strategy (9th ed.). McGraw-Hill Education
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more