You are considering the purchase of an apartment complex. The following assumptions are
• The purchase price is $1 million.
• Potential gross income (PGI) for the first year of operations is projected to be $171,000.
• PGI is expected to increase 4 percent per year.
• No vacancies are expected.
• Operating expenses are estimated at 35 percent of effective gross income.
• The market value of the investment is expected to increase 4 percent per year.
• Selling expenses will be 4 percent.
• The holding period is four years.
• The appropriate rate of return to discount projected
NOIs and the projected NSP is 12 percent.
• The after-debt required rate of return is 14 percent.
• 70 percent of the purchase price can be borrowed with a 30-year, monthly payment mortgage.
• The annual interest rate on the mortgage will be 11.5 percent.
• Financing costs will equal 2 percent of the loan amount.
• There are no prepayment penalties.
a. Calculate net operating income (NOI) for each of the four years.
b. Calculate the net selling price from the sale of the property.
c. Calculate the net present value of this investment (assuming no mortgage debt). Should you purchase? Why?
d. Calculate the internal rate of return of this investment (assuming no debt). Should you purchase? Why?
e. Calculate the monthly mortgage payment.
What is the total per year?
f. Calculate the loan balance at the end of years 1, 2, 3, and 4. (Note: the unpaid mortgage balance at any time is equal to the present value of the remaining payments, discounted at the contract [face] rate of interest).
g. Calculate the amount of principal reduction achieved during each of the four years.
h. Calculate the total interest paid during each of the four years. (Note: Remember that debt service equals principal plus interest.
i. Calculate the levered required initial equity investment.
j. Calculate the before-tax cash flow (BTCF) for each of the four years.
k. Calculate the before-tax equity reversion (BTER) from the sale of the property.
l. Calculate the levered net present value of this investment. Should you purchase? Why?
m. Calculate the levered internal rate of return of this investment (assuming no debt and no taxes). Should you purchase? Why?
n. Calculate, for the first year of operations, the: (1) overall (cap) rate of return, (2) equity dividend rate, (3) gross income multiplier, (4) debt coverage ratio.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more