Each student is to pick a genetically-based disease and submit a report on that disease.
Paper is to be single-spaced, font 12, 6-8 pages in length and reference at least primary resources.
Each report must follow the following heading format. (MEANS USE THESE HEADINGS)
Address each of the heading areas as best as possible.
1. Name of disorder. – include official medical names and common names
2. Chromosomal location – describe the location of genes underlying the disease of interest
3. Type of inheritance – discuss the mode of inheritance of the gene(s) involved – dominant, recessive, sex linked, autosomal dominant, multifactorial.
4. Frequency of occurrence. – discuss the likelihood of inheriting this disease. Are their any special
circumstances that increase the frequency within certain populations.
5. Phenotype: – describe the symptoms of the disease. These can be functional or
structural. Also describe the time course of disease development and
the progression/prognosis once the disease has been diagnosed.
6. Genotype: – describe the genetic defect. This should include molecular, biochemical and physiological ramifications.
7. Interventions: – describe the current state of medical care for the disease. Does the current medical care treat the cause of the disease or just its symptoms?
8. Future Directions: – does the disease lend itself to new medicines, therapy, and/or biotechnology that is just around the corner?
9. Literature Cited: List the Authors, Title, journal/book, volume, pages and date. Be sure to include at least five recent articles from the primary literature.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more