Chapter 8 – Micronutrients necessary for metabolism
1. (5 ) You have just returned from the Farmers Market. How will you store and prepare your foods to maintain micronutrient value. You purchased a bag of leafy greens, red and yellow peppers, and fresh green beans. You also bought a glass bottle of organic milk from the local dairy farmer. Outline strategies to minimize loss of micronutrients.
2. (5 ) If you were going on a trip and could only take 6 food items with you, which ones would you choose to make sure you met your B Vitamin needs?
Chapter 9 Water and Electrolytes
1. (3) Most of us do not meet our Adequate Intake (AI) levels for potassium (4.7 gms for adults) and we exceed them for sodium (1.5 gms for adults). The Dietary Guidelines recommend not exceeding 2.3 gms (2300 mgs) of sodium.
2. (3) Who is most vulnerable to becoming dehydrated and under what circumstances?
3. (4) Read this scenario and answer the following questions to explore how blood pressure is related to sodium and potassium intake.
An overweight, sedentary, male in his 50s has just returned from the doctor where he was told to lower his blood pressure because he has hypertension. He eats out often at fast food places and relies on convenience foods for home meals. He does not engage in regular physical activity as he owns his own computer store and works at least 50 hours a week. He asks you for ideas to help him decrease his blood pressure.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more