This paper should be an essay of 8-10 pages in length, and consist of original research and analysis. The final paper will be graded out of 100 possible points, and it will constitute 30% of your final grade.
Your paper will take a position on a pre-circulated topic prompt, you will create your own argument to answer the prompt, and you will support that argument with primary- and secondary-source evidence compiled from your own research.
High-quality papers should:
History Writing Tutoring:
**Remember: You receive five bonus points (5%, or half of a letter grade) for attending a history tutoring session for your final paper, while also improving your paper’s quality for a better grade.**
The institution of slavery proved a critical force in the creation and development of the United States during the first half of the long nineteenth century, and the racial elements would continue to influence American society long after slavery’s abolition in 1865. It defined the states’ geographical and political boundaries, shaped the society and economy of the Early Republic and Antebellum eras, and brought Americans to blows (both ideologically and militarily). It also determined along racial lines who was entitled to citizenship and liberty within the United States. For this final paper, you are asked to examine the role of slavery, race, and rights in American society during the Early Republic and Antebellum periods.
Some questions to think about in preparing your paper:
– How did slavery shape perceptions of free and unfree black persons in the United States between 1787 and 1860?
– How did these perceptions become intertwined with race?
– How did free black persons assert their claims to rights and citizenship in the United States?
– How were a free black person’s rights limited, curtailed, and/or undermined?
– In what ways did black persons assert their agency (e.g. free will, personhood) in society? What means did they use to do so (i.e. courts, religion, petitions, protests, careers, etc.)? How successful were they?
– In what ways did pro-slavery advocates deny black people’s agency, and undermine their claims to rights and citizenship?
– In what ways did Abolitionists and anti-slavery crusaders promote black rights? Were there limitations to this advocacy?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more