There are many topics you can consider for your paper. You may find that your topic is very general and you will then need to narrow it down. Some topics could include:
gun control, media perceptions, death penalty, undocumented workers, New Jim Crow, gender exploitation, social media, police corruption, gambling in athletics, cheating in academic settings, relationships, homelessness, famous individuals, crossing borders, white privilege, driving while Black/Brown, stigma, juvenile delinquency, environmental racism, sexual orientation, Albany movement, whistle blowers, unnecessary surgery (medical sociology)
· Additional Topic Ideas: Sample Topics for the Sociology 101 Paper. (Links to an external site.)
· Research Sources
o Online Sociology Resources (Links to an external site.) (University of Colorado, Department of Sociology)
· Writing help: PCC 24/7 Online Tutoring
This week you will need to do the following:
1. Select your topic
2. Find 2-3 external resources about your topic from: books, newspaper articles, news-magazine articles, sociological journals, internet sites, videos, DVD’s, interviews, etc.) In short, you need a combination of resources.
3. Post on this page your:
1. Topic & why it is interesting for you
2. Short summary of your topic
3. URL links to your external resources
You will be able to write it directly on this page. You will not be able to move onto the next module until you have completed this. Also, please write your name after your contribution. An example has been done for you.
4. To contribute to this page
1. On the right hand menu, click on the EDIT THIS PAGE button. This opens this page for editing.
2. When you have finished adding your information, click on the SAVE CHANGES button at the bottom of the editing window.
1. Papers must be 3-5 pages, 12 pt. double-spaced.
2. Papers must include one paradigm (one only).
3. Paper structure: Introduction, Body of Paper (where you discuss your findings), and Conclusion. Be sure to use sociological terms from this course to discuss your topic!
4. Papers must include at least 5 resources from: books, newspaper articles, news-magazine articles, sociological journals, internet sites, videos, DVD’s, interviews, etc.) In short, you need a combination of resources.
5. Papers must include MLA in-text citations and a Works Cited list.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more